I thought it might be nice to provide an update on what we have been up to these last few months as it seems almost everyone has something going on in their lives right now.
This should come as no surprise to anyone, but we moved again this past April. We were looking to downsize a bit and weren't too crazy about still living in a construction zone 3 years after moving into the new build we rented in 2023, so we packed up our belongings and moved to the town of Troutman, NC. Our new neighborhood isn't our favorite, but the home had the things we were looking for to get us through the next two years before we have the ability to leave North Carolina and head out to either another new state or one that we have previously lived in before. (Except Ohio, sorry.) We would have moved out of North Carolina a few years ago but are staying until Sarah finishes her schooling. It is my intention to post some photos of the new house at some point.
Bobby and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at the end of this month and will be taking a vacation to Cape Cod for a week. We have some amazing friends who have a house there and are letting us stay at their home. We are looking forward to enjoying the time away and celebrating this big milestone.
Andy is probably the one with the most to share...He graduated at the end of July as an aviation mechanic after attending a program for a little over two years. The FAA requires that all of those working with their aviation and powerplant licenses to pass five tests - three written and two oral and practical. He has successfully passed the three written exams and is now working to get his two oral and practical tests done so he can start making some real money. Because he is partially certified he can get a job working for an airline but not doing the scope of work he went to school for. Once he passes these last two tests his options open up exponentially.
The reason he is holding off a month or two on taking those last two tests is because he is moving to Austin, Texas to live with Josh! He leaves on the 21st of September and is driving down there by himself. (I did offer to go with him.) The boys have rented a two-bedroom apartment in the same complex Josh is currently living in. I am kind of a hot mess about Andy leaving, but it makes my heart so happy to know that Bobby and I raised kids who like being together so much that they are choosing to live together in a whole new state. I know Josh has been lonely without having any of us nearby and now he will have one of us with him all of the time. I know both boys are really looking forward to this new adventure.
The reason he is holding off a month or two on taking those last two tests is because he is moving to Austin, Texas to live with Josh! He leaves on the 21st of September and is driving down there by himself. (I did offer to go with him.) The boys have rented a two-bedroom apartment in the same complex Josh is currently living in. I am kind of a hot mess about Andy leaving, but it makes my heart so happy to know that Bobby and I raised kids who like being together so much that they are choosing to live together in a whole new state. I know Josh has been lonely without having any of us nearby and now he will have one of us with him all of the time. I know both boys are really looking forward to this new adventure.
Josh started teaching 8th grade math at a new school in Austin after the middle school he taught at last year closed down. He was also offered a coaching job and will be coaching the boys middle school soccer team. We are all so excited for him as he has always wanted to be a soccer coach. I think he would like to move up to high school (and maybe even beyond) eventually, but for now he is really excited to have his first coaching gig. He is loving life in Austin. The vibe suits him perfectly.
Sarah just began her senior year at UNCG. She is a social work major and will be interning all year at a middle school that has a student body that struggles with some very serious, very real issues. I know she is going to do a wonderful job. Sarah has spent a good portion of the summer traveling. She spent the month of June in Ireland as part of a study abroad program through her college. She and Elizabeth also flew out to California to see Noah Kahan at the Rose Bowl a month ago. This past weekend they both flew out to NYC to see Harry Styles perform at
Madison Square Garden.
Madison Square Garden.
Elizabeth has been traveling with her sister as mentioned above. She is working for a doggy-day-care facility which she loves. She is great with animals and doesn't love people (or at least the general public), so this job suits her very well. She is getting ready to purchase her first car which is great because her social life is picking up and she is currently using my car to get around.
All-in-all life is very good for our family. Andy leaving is definitely going to be a very big change for us, but for me especially. I am so happy for him, and I know that this is what is supposed to happen with our children, but it is such a bittersweet experience for me.
| My mini-me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment